• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PCMW
    replied
    Cracked Windshield

Originally posted by Kiekhaefer View Post
    Hi GunnerBill,

It's my first attempt at anything like this. I did the majority of the restoration myself. Hull paint, steering wheel paint and seats were all professionally done. I did all the epoxy and glass myself, interior paint, bridge deck was added by me (used to be walk-through.) restored the controls and steering wheel, cables, decking and finishing. Of course chrome was sent out too. Next, is painting and putting together another Merc. It's a 1960 Merc 400 45hp. It will be disguised as a 59 mark 58a. Haven't decided on the cowl colour yet. Either red to match the boat or canyon copper. Both would look nice.
    Still have minor details to complete this little baby like the windshield which is un fortunately cracked and some piping around the seats. I get 28 mph at sea level with just me in the boat. That's with a 59 mark 35a 35hp.

Hi Kiekhaefer,

We are a custom boat windshield designer & manufacturer proudly in business for over 25 years. We have the capability to design and build you a marine windshield assembly for nearly any application. Flat panel, curved, hard top enclosures, bulkhead doors, cruisers & yachts. Give us a call

Leave a comment:

• GunnerBill
    replied
    Outstanding! You and nuckinfutz are my heroes..as is anyone who makes a valliant attempt at preserving our boating history! 28 mph with a '59 mark 35a is a testament to the builder's credentials and proves your attention to detail during the restoration. Pull out all the stops and go, man!

PS..canyon copper with red accents!

Leave a comment:

• Jetlag
    replied
    Originally posted by Kiekhaefer View Post
    Thanks btw! Here's more pictures. One doesn't belong. I don't know how to delete them once they are uploaded.
    Kiekhaefer
    John
    Removed the unwanted picture.
    Boat looks great on the water

Leave a comment:

• Kiekhaefer
    replied
    Thanks btw! Here's more pictures. One doesn't belong. I don't know how to delete them once they are uploaded.
    Kiekhaefer
    John
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Kiekhaefer
    replied
    Hi GunnerBill,

It's my first attempt at anything like this. I did the majority of the restoration myself. Hull paint, steering wheel paint and seats were all professionally done. I did all the epoxy and glass myself, interior paint, bridge deck was added by me (used to be walk-through.) restored the controls and steering wheel, cables, decking and finishing. Of course chrome was sent out too. Next, is painting and putting together another Merc. It's a 1960 Merc 400 45hp. It will be disguised as a 59 mark 58a. Haven't decided on the cowl colour yet. Either red to match the boat or canyon copper. Both would look nice.
    Still have minor details to complete this little baby like the windshield which is un fortunately cracked and some piping around the seats. I get 28 mph at sea level with just me in the boat. That's with a 59 mark 35a 35hp.

Leave a comment:

• GunnerBill
    replied
    Hi Keikhaefer,
    That is one fine restoration job! Did you do the job yourself or was it professionally done...hard to tell! I'm interested in all the work, methods and products you used during the restoration. You must have a great story there...

GunnerBill

PS...more photos, please!!

Leave a comment:

• Kiekhaefer
    started a topic Playboy home built restoration 1959

Playboy home built restoration 1959

Launched on Aug 10th 2012.
    Attached Files

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X