Building your own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big 'D' in the water!!

I am pleased to announce that Big 'D' has had her first payload trial and has exceeded my expectations. She floats!!!! Please view my album to see the latest photo and the comment below. I am sure you will be as pleased as I am. For everyone who has watched the construction of Big 'D', I wish to say thank you for that interest. Your comments in this thread, your visits to my album and your support over the years has truely been an inspiration to me. You are indeed an important group at the Boating Forum! I look forward to next year when I can upload Big 'D's christening event...

GunnerBill

Comment

Geez! I hate winter! After another year (when time permitted) I finished the cabin interior, fitted the helm seats, built & upholstered a custom aft bench seat and carpeted the cockpit . I mounted and rigged a '95 Evinrude 40 on the fancy transom bracket, wired in dual battery smart isolator & switch....basically got everything Bristol Fashion!! The blower works, fuel, volt and tach works, as does Nav and anchor lights and the all important mechless stereo. I even have a spot for VHS. I fired up the motor, and prepped for a test run........THEN IT SNOWED.......AAAAHHHHH! Stupid winter! Stay tuned for some upcoming photos - when I have time. I will try to add some description when I do. In the mean time, please pass the scotch....brrrr....

Comment

Oh, one sad note...but needs to be said. Mom passed away not too long ago. She was able to see Big 'D' for the first time and was pleased with my work...but as a mom, she clipped me one for, as she put it: "Oh Bill, you're just fussing so on it". She was happy and contented and slipped away peacefully.

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerBill View Post
          Oh, one sad note...but needs to be said. Mom passed away not too long ago. She was able to see Big 'D' for the first time and was pleased with my work...
          Sorry for your loss Bill. It's great you were able to show your "Big D" build with your mom because you put a lot of time and work into it.

Comment

Hi crwaterfalls
            Firstly, I'd love to help you build ...without the holes. Secondly - and more importantly - I'd like to say...AAHHHHH! Where has my album gone! AAAAHHHH!!! Oh, Great and All Knowing Administrator of the magic Boat Forum...please help!
            You may now continue enjoying the site...

Comment

Whew, it's still there. I can see it in my profile and can access it through media. I just don't know if its accessible to you. Jetlag, can you check?

Comment

Whew, it's still there. I can see it in my profile and can access it through media. I just don't know if its accessible to you. Jetlag, can you check?
                Yes its there
                http://www.boatforum.ca/member/61-gunnerbill/media

Comment

New photos! I finally figured out how to add new pics and have created Part II and Part III of Building Big 'D'. Please enjoy them as the next posts will be Launch Day scheduled for May 30th! I hope load a movie or two then...
                  GunnerBill
                  Last edited by GunnerBill; 03-20-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

New photos! I finally figured out how to add new pics and have created Part II and Part III of Building Big 'D'.
                    Great photos Bill

Comment

Agreed. Nice photos Bill

Comment

Thank you everyone...here's an update:
                        The motor is ready with a gear case and carburetor rebuild, batteries topped up and the hull cleaned and waxed (how do you wax a hull on a trailer, anyway?). new anchor & rode and dock lines. Systems checked and all ship shape & Bristol fashion.
                        Our launch day is May 30th and invitations sent out (sorry, I know you didn't get one but you are all invited to watch the launch ceremony when it's posted) and the champagne bottle awaits it's fate...

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X