No announcement yet.

1985 Mastercraft Stars and Stripes Restoration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nuckinfutz, you did an AWSOME job with this Frazer River boat! Great idea to mix photos and videos for us...

Comment

Nice work! I love the old S&S. I just picked up a 1992 PS190 with the 351HO. Sure is a change going from an outboard to the inboard.

Comment

Thanks guys, 351HO are nice engines.

Comment

Installed new motor mounts because the mounts seized solid and the rubber was in bad shape. Jetlag installed new fuel gauge, sender and 2x 50MPH (80 km/h) Speedometers.
          Here is a video of us wakeboarding with a new skylon pole... no towers on these old mastercrafts.

Comment

Parts

Where do you find parts for this boat? I have an "85 and don't know where to get anything? Do you know where to get the plastic insert that goes in the dash to hold stuff?

Comment

Couple sites
              http://www.skidim.com/
              http://greatlakesskipper.com/

Jetlag replaced the plastic cup holders and added the larger metal ones to the dash but havent seen any plastic trays for sale. I have seen people make metal trays to replace the plastic trays.

Comment

Hi nuckinfutz, how was the boat this year? Haven't heard a peep from you and after such an awesome job, I was wondering if she was running good. Catch any fish with her?
                Gunnerbill

Comment

It sat all year but Jetlag is taking it to his place for a few days while i do some landscaping. Jetlag is going to re-glass the shaft log and some other glass work to prep for new carpet. The biggest thing is the trailer is too far gone and we are in the middle of building a replacement.
                  She should be in the water by summer.

Comment

That's such a nice boat! I'm sorry to hear she sat all year but I understand about priorities (hmmm...landscaping - boating...hmmm...lol). I'll be interested in seeing photos of the new carpet as I will be installing such in Big 'D' in the spring. By the way, Big 'D' had her sea trials this year and she's proven to be very stable and quick to plane out with a borrowed 30 hp. She gets her own motor next year when she launches for real. woo hoo!!

Comment

Well after the boat sat for awhile we finally got back on track with the repairs. We started first thing with getting all the fluids/filters changed and some carb tweaking till she purrs like a kitten. We installed new carpet in which went smoothly but next time ill hire someone I got a free tandem boat trailer frame from a friend so we cut and welded it to fit the mastercraft and installed a boat buddy II which works really well... drive the boat up to the trailer till it you hear a click from the pin locking the boat then the person driving the truck/car drives away off the ramp to get the boat ready for the trip home.

Comment

This old boat didnt have side panels for extra storage so we made some.

Comment

Got her back on the water.

Comment

Added soundproofing foam to the engine box and moved (cut & weld) the fender steps to just inside of the fenders. We had to replace the wood/carpet to match the fender step.

Comment

This is becoming the ultimate boat. You're not going to want to get it wet if you're not careful! LOL Beautiful craftsmanship...and now quiet!

Comment

The Mastercraft made it on Discount Inboard Marine (skidim.com) calendar...

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X