1986 Bayliner Capri restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Bayliner Capri restore

Hey every I just bought a 1986 Bayliner Capri 1950 with a v8 volvo pentra out drive! I jut want opinions an suggestions for what I'm doing! I'm going to paint the boat blue with imron paint, new carpet an upholstry! An it needs a tilt an trim relay where can I get this? An I'm thinking of re doing the wood area around the engine is this hard? Any opinions an answers would help thanks

Wood work an interior day1

I have tarted pulling off the carpet there in only 2 places where it seem to rot fist is right next To te storage Door I'm about to pull it up an replace it an in the back um the seats the was a lil rot on some wood that seemed not to have anythig on it to protect it? I am goin to replace all in the back an by the door should this be good everything else seems sturdy an the boards uber the actual floor board are dry an look good? Any suggestion? An what do yu put on each individual piece of wood to protect it from more water damage?
    Attached Files

Comment

sounds like you got a big project on your hands. Are the floors rotten and can you wax the paint.

Comment

Can you keep the carpet for a template when you start doing your new carpet. I used marine wood and painted resin after they were cut. Keep us posted with pictures.

Comment

I bought marine wood 1/3 beams I'm going to use around the back bought marine ply an fiber glass mat an resin some brackets carpet an glue I'm goin to pick some more stuff up tomorrow including some out door paint! For the floor after i lay resign an all the other wood I'm going to pair an maybe re resin! One thing though on the side panels the screws are under the vynnil why would they do this but I'm just goin to cut little slits an unscrew! I am starting tomorrow morning wish me lik I will have pictures up tomorrow

Comment

so I started cutting it seem som eof the wood would be fine I'm not sure I'm not an expert but I'ma have my brother come out he has been in construction his whole life see what he has to say

Comment

Need some help here there is a white female male thig directly under the engine it has a hose connected ! should those be connected or what is that?I'll post a picture tomorrow

Comment

Ok guy I'ma have a gap in pictures my da is going to do some work this weekend I'll try to get some anyway but I am rebuild Bayliners design! I'm takin out the double seats that they originally had an putting single seats! On Te back they had a split seat an the motor was in between do not like this at all changing to a deck an bench seat for a place The gf an her friends can layout an extra storage!also easier to get to the engine. BONUS!! An a place for Subwoofers, 6x9s etc..!! Swim deck was bad planning on either building one or jut ordering a original!! Is Te best way to make everything water proof by fiberglassing all of it!???

Comment

So I got absolutely no work done on the boat this weekend but I am goin to have a all day session with it tomorrow!! Could use some help on some of my last question thanks in advance!!

Comment

Well this is how far I am now all the carpet is gone an almost ready for new wood!

Can any one tell me what this is in the last picture?

Comment

WOW... lots of work done already
                      How do the stringers look because you should repair/replace them while the floor is off. Are you going to remove the foam or replace it with marine grade foam. I dont know what the white thing is.

Comment

I am Goin to do some repair it doesn't seem to be bad there was only 3 places about 7x7 inches that had rot when I take it in to the boat shop to have all the fluids an the trim relay replaced I'm goin to have them take a look an in the front of the boat there is no rot

Comment

And on the foam under floor is dry an still good! The foam under the double seats which I am removing an replacig with single seats so I will be adding moor foam under the floor

Comment

Hi everyone this is where I am now
                            Sorry the picture didn't turn out I didn't turn on hd but you get the jist of it an I am about to buy a da sander an really sand it down good!! An lay new wood an fiber glass the heck out of it does that sound ok?

Comment

Ok everyone I am almost to te point of putting new wood! An I think I am goin to keep about 3 inches of the old wood on each side for a support for the new wood I this a bs idea the wood an fiber glass is so sting I couldnt break it if I tried?

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X