Vinyl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyl

Although it appears that there are not a lot of people using this forum, which I think is odd, I have a question regarding the vinyl on my boat.

Having just removed the shrink wrap from the boat, I have discovered a couple of holes in the vinyl. It looks like they happened when the braces for the canvas cover were dropped on the vinyl instead of the connectors and left two holes about an inch in diameter.
    Does anyone know how to repair the holes so they look like "new"?
    I can put tape over them, but I'd rather not have two big eyesores to look at every time I get in the boat.

Originally posted by Larson View Post
    I can put tape over them, but I'd rather not have two big eyesores to look at every time I get in the boat.
    You can get patching kits but they are just temporary repair which may last couple years. I would bring it to a vinyl shop for repairs. They should have most vinyl fabric colors to match yours.

Comment

I agree with nuckinfutz. A patch kit is a great temporary fix and an Upholsterer would be the right move. However, you can try the repair on your own if you are patient. Automotive vinyl has a jersey backing for durability and comes in a variety of colours. Specialized needles are available in most needlecraft shops as well as the man-made threads. If you do choose to patch, use a kit that contains either an MEK or tolulene based adhesive. They work by "welding" or melting the vinyl together. Ventilation is absolutely nessasary when using these products. Good luck...let us know how things turn out.

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X