Views:	1
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	3572Click image for larger version

Name:	4,8_Linesplan.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	3574Design Hydro 1.txt
    Dear all

I have made a number of small boats, including the sailing kayak and pram dinghy show.

Now that I have two children I need a bigger craft and was considering a skiff. 4.8m long and 1.4 beam.

I live in a coastal town in Thailand and want to be able to launch on my own so 100kg is about my max.

I would like to row, motor or use the unsupported wind surfer mast with up to about 4m sq of sail. I would fit a dagger board in a box.

The design is just starting .... but I plan to use 4mm ply lined with glass and epoxy to keep the weight down.

Something like the pram only bigger.

Any comments please?

Many thanks

Graham

Hi GraemeR, the first boat I built was a Gypsy class sail boat built in the "stitch & glue" method championed by the late Dynamite Payson. He was the author of several books on the subject including the one my plan came from entitled "Build the New Instant Boats" - (sorry, I can't remember the date of publication). The craft I built, was a 4m gaff rigged open skiff with a daggerboard keel. I used 4mm ply and the boat was plenty rigid. I am proud to say I single handed her through the Trent Canal System in Ontario from Severn to Trenton and she performed very well.

Send us some photos when you are in construction...
    Last edited by GunnerBill; 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerBill View Post
      Hi GraemeR, the first boat I built was a Gypsy class sail boat built in the "stitch & glue" method championed by the late Dynamite Payson. He was the author of several books on the subject including the one my plan came from entitled "Build the New Instant Boats" - (sorry, I can't remember the date of publication). The craft I built, was a 4m gaff rigged open skiff with a daggerboard keel. I used 4mm ply and the boat was plenty rigid. I am proud to say I single handed her through the Trent Canal System in Ontario from Severn to Trenton and she performed very well.

Send us some photos when you are in construction...
      I would be interested to see her.

Many thanks

Graham

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X