Horizontal propane tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horizontal propane tank

I have perfect space to fit a horizontal propane tank at the back of my cockpit. I cruise in the Pacific Northwest, primarily on the Canadian side, and mostly around the Straight of Georgia. Horizontal propane tanks cant be filled the same way as an upright propane tank ( the standard type use for BBQ etc). They need to be filled with a special nozzle. The same kind as is used for filling propane powered vehicles. Does anyone know if I will easily find marinas that have this nozzle when I need to refill? Thanks!

All places should have an adapter. they all fill the same way, with the same fuel

Comment

Dear, honestly, I don't think so that it is feasible to do it as you are talking about. First its difficult to fit the space that you have described about. Second, when you fit it, then you can get a user manual upon which every detail is written. And from it you can follow them easily.
      Last edited by Finally; 11-22-2013, 11:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Antigua View Post
        I have perfect space to fit a horizontal propane tank at the back of my cockpit. I cruise in the Pacific Northwest, primarily on the Canadian side, and mostly around the Straight of Georgia. Horizontal propane tanks cant be filled the same way as an upright propane tank ( the standard type use for BBQ etc). They need to be filled with a special nozzle. The same kind as is used for filling propane powered vehicles. Does anyone know if I will easily find marinas that have this nozzle when I need to refill? Thanks!
        There is much more to installing a propane system than having a "perfect space". the ABYC Standards apply to vertical and/or horizontal tanks.

Take a look at "Safe Propane Installations on Boats"

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X