Towing capacity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing capacity

Am looking for advice on boat towing capacity: My boat/motor/trailer combined weight is 1750lbs. My vehicle (2015 Nissan Murano SV 6 cyl) has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs. I keep my boat docked at a nearby lake, but about 5 times a year I like to take it to other fishing spots. Return trips are probably about 600km per trip on good paved highways. Boat launches good quality, paved and not very steep. Can I get away with that? My wife fears that even just 5 trips a year over a 4 year lease period could damage the transmission and leave us unable to return the vehicle at end of lease. Thoughts?

Gmd

Originally posted by Gmd View Post
    Am looking for advice on boat towing capacity: My boat/motor/trailer combined weight is 1750lbs. My vehicle (2015 Nissan Murano SV 6 cyl) has a towing capacity of 1500 lbs. I keep my boat docked at a nearby lake, but about 5 times a year I like to take it to other fishing spots. Return trips are probably about 600km per trip on good paved highways. Boat launches good quality, paved and not very steep. Can I get away with that? My wife fears that even just 5 trips a year over a 4 year lease period could damage the transmission and leave us unable to return the vehicle at end of lease. Thoughts?

Gmd

Is that weight with fuel and all the other things you normally put in the boat? Being that your tow weight is over what the vehicle states it is capable of towing I would say NO, you may be able to get away with it for a while but you are pushing it, even the braking system. You might check with a dealer and see if there is anything you can do to the vehicle to raise the towing capacity or check online and see if there is a group/forum for you vehicle and ask there. Also you mat get a way with it if all your towing is on the flat without any major hills but check with the dealer first as there maybe something you can do to raise the tow capacity - larger rad etc.

Comment

• Gmd
      Gmd commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thx. Sounds reasonable!

For the amount of trips you are doing every year you can probably get by with you current setup. However I think the Murano’s do have the CVT transmission which could cause issues towing something heavier than manufacture suggested towing weight. Just make sure you stop sooner than later and take it easy on your drive. Hope this helps

Cheers Henry - Legend Boats

Comment

Mobile Bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X